PREJUDGMENT OF 12TH GRADUATION FASHION SHOW
A Prejudgment event was held at the college on August 27, 2017 as a precursor to our 12th Graduation Fashion Show titled “The Journey of Fashion XII – Ricorrenza De La Moda”
During the prejudgment, the 57 graduating designers (comprising 15 groups) of the final semester displayed the swatch work* made by each group under the “Creative Round” sequence to a panel of judges.
“Marine Life” is the overall theme of this Graduation Fashion Show’s “Creative Round” sequence and the 15 groups of graduating designers presented their 15 creative designs which embodied and reflected the theme.
Each group gave a presentation to the judges about their respective designs, their inspiration for the designs, the fabrics/accessories used, the design details, etcetera. The groups were graded by a panel of judges based on the theme of their design, the accompanying swatch work and on their presentation.
The panel of judges consisted of:
• Ms. Anu Shrestha (Founder/Designer of Kallisto Designs, Advisory Board Member of Namuna College of Fashion Technology and Fashion Technology Subject Committee Member of Purbanchal University)
• Ms. Stella Maris Haefele (Noted German Fashion/Costume Designer and Stylist and Visiting Faculty at the college)
• Mr. Vivekananda Mishra (Chief Technical Officer of Gayatri Pashmina and Advisory Board Member of Namuna College of Fashion Technology)
• Mr. Bhim Kumar Giri (Managing Director of Black Fashion Industry)
• Mr. Achal Raj Satyal (Brand Manager of Kantipur Publications)
• Ms. Alpaja Rajbhandari (Co-Owner/Designer of Ekadeshma – Tales of Nepali Craft)
The grades given at the Prejudgment Program will be added to the grades that will be given by the panel of judges to the designers’ creations under the “Creative Round” sequence during the actual Graduation Fashion Show.
The aggregate grades will then later be published by Purbanchal University under the subject “Fashion Show” as part of its End Semester Board Examinations of Bachelors of Fashion Design (BFD) program.
This years’ Graduation Fashion Show is being organized by the 57 graduating designers of our 12th batch at the Hotel Yak and Yeti on September 02, 2017, Saturday as part of the course requirements of the Bachelors of Fashion Design (BFD) program under Purbanchal University, Nepal.